Thursday, October 3, 2013

Real Talk Turn 4

I assume most people reading this are familiar with the Turn 4 column posted on ESPN every week where ESPN NASCAR analysts break down 4 hot questions from the past week of racing. This is TheDaleGuys version of that column. Every week I'll take those questions from ESPN and answer it without the political correctness or professionalism of ESPN. I'm not an expert and I'm only 23 years old so I can't say I've been watching the sport for decades. I don't have inside information and I've never been in the garage prerace (sneaking in after Pocono races doesn't count). Unless I'm at the race, all I have is my TV, a koozie and a 12 pack of budweiser on Sundays. These answers come straight from the heart of a Dale and Hendrick Motorsports fan.



Question 1: With Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, and Kyle Busch running away from the playoff pack, is this officially a three-man chase?
Unfortunately, yes. And as sick as we all are of Jimmie winning and stealing victories from Dale let's hope it becomes a one man race with Kenseth and Busch fucking up somewhere along the line. As much as we all get sick of seeing Jimmie dominate at least he's still a Hendrick, Chevy driving annoyance. Not a JGR, foreign car driving, smug, asshole, fucktard, well you get the idea...

Question 2: Would a sixth Sprint Cup Series title for Jimmie Johnson be good or bad for NASCAR? Why?
I know people are sick of Jimmie being as good as he is and complain when he wins and I'm definitely in that same boat. But when you take a step back and think about how good Jimmie actually is you can't help, but kind of appreciate it. Having Jimmie in the running for the 6 pack, and then having the chance to tie Petty and Earnhardt would be good in attracting new fans to the sport, even if alot of NASCAR fans complain about it.

Question 3: Kyle Busch has three top-5s in three Chase races. Can Wild Thing sustain this pace for all 10 playoff races?
In the words of everyone ever- Fuck Kyle Busch!! Ain't nothin ruins my Sunday faster than seeing a Kyle Busch win. To be honest I'm not even sure why I hate him anymore. He hasn't really done anything particularly bad lately. I miss the days of him spinning out truck drivers under caution and Kurt telling reporters he was gonna beat them up. They gave us a good reason to hate them. Now there's just something about his face that makes me want to punch it. If he doesn't change his face, I'll change it for him. And no I haven't answered Question 3 at all- just wanted to use it as a rant against the Busch brothers.

Question 4: Which Chase driver has been the biggest disappointment through the first three races?
As much as it pains me to say this, my answer is Jr. Despite not winning all season, the Chase gave Jr. fans a clean slate (minus bonus points). Even if Dale didn't win the Chase, coming in top 5 and staying in contention for a few weeks would've been alot of fun. Through no fault of his own, Dale was only in the thick of things through 224 laps before an untimely engine failure ended Jr.'s and Jr. nation's hopes. If you ask me, I think Toyota snuck some of their products under Dale's hood during the rain delay. Add that blow up to the heartbreak of last week and 2 out of 3 races so far have lead to me end my Sunday with a lot of tears and beers.

Agree or disagree with these answers? Let me know in the comments.

-the 'E'

No comments:

Post a Comment