Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 TheDaleGuys Fantasy NASCAR

We meant to post this before the season started, but things got kind of weird this weekend after our flight got cancelled friday...oh yeah and also since we were drinking from Friday afternoon through Monday morning.

Here are the rules for our fantasy NASCAR league this season

  • 4 drivers per team
  • Scoring is based on driver's points each week
  • Waivers is reverse order of the standings
Simple enough- here are the teams


DLAE!
Jimmie JohnsonDale Jr.Kevin HarvickClint BowyerMatt Kenseth
Jeff GordonKyle BuschTony StewartBrad KeselowskiKasey Kahne
Greg BiffleDenny HamlinCarl EdwardsJoey LoganoKurt Busch
Aric AlmirolaJamie McMurrayAustin DillonRyan NewmanMartin Truex Jr.

D: With first pick, I had to go with JJ. Too much talent behind the wheel and brains in the garage to pass up. Gordon should consistently run well, but Biffle could go either way. Kind of wishing I picked up Hamlin instead. Then, by the time the last pick came back to me, I was left deciding between a bunch of also-rans. Picked Almirola, but to be honest that was really just a shot in the dark(horses), if you will. The team could be strong up top, but poor performances by the 4 spot, and particularly the Biff in the 3hole, could spell disaster for my team. 

A: Real Pissed the L took Dale ahead of me, REAL PISSED. Total JGR-esque bitch move. Anyway, had to go with a top 5 guy for me, Happy Harv in round 1. I think Tony bounces back so I snagged him #8. Couldn't believe Carl came all the way back to me at #13. STEAL. Then to add the #3, could not have really gone better. If the #88 went to me as he was supposed to in round 1, I'd just write myself the check for this season now. 

L:  I couldn't be happier with how the draft turned out, not only did I end up with a great team but we got some truly laughable picks from my competitors (I mean seriously what was the exclamation point thinking picking Kasey Kahne 6th overall?).  I started things off picking our boy, the J to the R.  Jr. was great in the chase and is ready to have the best year of his career and hopefully pick up a handful of checker flags on the way. Now my next two picks, the 18 and Denny Hamlin, both know how to win and that's why I picked them even though they are JGR clowns.  Now my judgement may have been somewhat clouded for those last two picks but I think I made a solid pick in round 4 with Jamie Mac.  Jamie isn't great but he'll finish races and pick up some solid points for a number four.  I may have made some unpopular picks amongst my fellow Dale Guys, sorry A, but all in all I think my team has what it takes to win the season.

E: I didn't get any home run hitters, but I'm all about consistency here. I think 3 out of my 4 will be in the top 10-12 each week. I was really hoping to scoop up Carl in the 3rd round, but the A got him right before me. I can't believe he fell that low. I'm all in on Penske this year so let's get it done boys.

!: Can't say I'm too excited about my team. Kenseth will be solid. I'm really looking for some underdogs looking to prove something with their new teams in Kurt Busch and Martin Truex Jr. And Kasey Kahne may have been a lapse in judgement. But hey, anything can happen and I may need a miracle to win. And at least I didn't draft Kyle Busch 

No comments:

Post a Comment