Tuesday, March 4, 2014

TheDaleGuys 2014 DAYTONA 500 Recap - Chapter 4: Second Green Flag to Post-Race Party

Boogity, boogity, boogity... Let's go racing again!
We took our new seats above the start finish line, and the engines roared. At this point, I still haven't even considered Junebug winning this damn thing even though he's looking strong in the front pack. As everyone has said, this was some of the most intense racing I've ever seen. Everyone wanted to be up front. This intensity was so overwhelming, we had a few nappers up in the stands. Must've been a long day or something.


As the laps started to wind down, trust me everyone woke up. JR nation was roaring as he continued to lead em around. As we got closer, I told myself I won't even think about him winning til I see that white flag. I was hurt pretty bad last year at Dover and watching Dega from home. The last clear memory I have is seeing the white flag. I think I've been smiling since I saw that. I'll let the tweets do the talking from there.

My favorite parts: the carnage, the beer shower, the OH MY GOD



The absolute HAPPIEST anyone has ever looked, besides JR in the car on his Polish victory lap
Simply put.
What a day, what a night, what a trip. Here I am over a week later and I still can't believe the whirlwind of a week its been. So incredibly happy for Dale and so happy to have been there. For the rest of the night, I just kept repeating to myself, quoting his daddy, "We won it. We won it. We won it."

After getting shut down by the Florida State Police trying to get to victory lane, we took our post race party to the only place that could handle us: Applebees aka Club Bees aka Bee Bar. The order? Double margaritas and many fireball shots. I know Jr would be jealous of that.









No comments:

Post a Comment